• To lead young people into an understanding of and love
for the word of God.
• To provide opportunities for Christian fellowship with
• To provide opportunities for young people to become
involved in activities for expression of Christian attitudes
and actions. In other words, to get young people involved in
• To lead young people into a personal decision and commitment
• To provide counsel for young people in times of personal
• To provide youth an opportunity for worship, both formal
• To train and provide opportunities for teens to share
their faith with others.
• To train adults and parents how to teach and work with
The youth directors are responsible for planning and carrying
out wholesome activities for the youth of the Woodlawn Forrest
Church of Christ. They are to be faithful members of Woodlawn
Forrest and a godly example for the young people.
A council is an assembly of persons called together for consultation,
deliberation, or discussion. It serves in an administration or advisory
The purpose of the Woodlawn Forrest Youth Council is as follows:
• To assist the youth minister with planning programs, projects,
outings, activities etc.
• To help prepare for and attend youth gatherings and events.
• To be responsible for “carrying out” planned
activities if the youth minister can not be there.
• To host youth cook-outs, picnics, cottage meetings, etc.
in order to show the hospitality that God has commanded of us.
• To provide wholesome and Christian activities for the
youth who attend Woodlawn Forrest.
“That the man of God may be perfect
thoroughly furnished unto all good works” Timothy 3:17